Metro Credit Union Foundation
Invested In Our Communities
Giving back has always been a part of Metro Credit Union. That's why we've launched the Metro Credit Union Foundation. Established in 2023, the mission of the Metro Credit Union Foundation is to invest in organizations, initiatives, and programs that contribute to the economic and social well-being of local communities and their residents.
Our grant cycle is currently closed.
Thank you to those who applied! Please check back to find out when we'll begin accepting applications again.
We award grants to organizations with the following focus:
- Community Development- Creating vibrant and equitable neighborhoods
- Securing Safe & Affordable Housing - Providing opportunities for affordable housing and home ownership with down-payment assistance and homebuyer education programs
- Financial Wellness & Advancement - Promoting financial competency by providing knowledge and skills
Congratulation to Our 2023 Grant Recipients!
- Bread & Roses Community Kitchen, Lawrence - $10,000, Emergency Food Pantry Program
- Italian Home for Children, Jamaica Plain - $10,000, Empowering Low-Income and Behavioral Health Workforce Program
- LEAP for Education Inc., Salem - $10,000, Youth Leadership Council
- Midas Collaborative, Boston - $10,000, Matched Savings
- Mosaic: Interfaith Youth Action, Medford and Dorchester - $5,000, Circles of Action Program
- The Real Program, Lynn - $10,000, Little Free Library Campaign
2022 Grant Recipients
- Boys and Girls Club of MetroWest, Marlborough - $10,000, Money Matters Program
- Breaktime, Boston - $10,000, Match Savings Program
- Casa Myrna, Boston - $5,000, Match Savings Program
- Roxbury Main Streets Revitalization Corporation, Roxbury - $10,000, Streetscape Improvements Project
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council, Inc., Framingham - $10,000, Adult Learning ESL Program
- YMCA of Metro North, Peabody - $5,000, Youth and Teen Center Leadership Program
Guidelines for Grant Applications
- The Metro Foundation will accept applications from qualified, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- The Foundation will only fund programs that serve a majority of low- to moderate-income populations
- Grants are awarded quarterly
- Most grants are funded in the $3,000-$10,000 range
- Grant awards must be made directly to recipients
- Application required and must be submitted by deadline
- Organizations may receive one grant per calendar year and are not eligible to apply during the following calendar year